The Government of Rajasthan has made several policy announcements, from time to time, in order to attract investments into the State. These policy documents provide a framework for guiding the investors regarding the potential opportunities in the various segments of the economy. The policies have been framed with the aim of fully utilising the available resources; generating employment; improving the quality of life of the people; and thus ensuring overall development of the State. They also envisage several incentives and schemes for removing various hurdles in the investment process and thereby creating a conducive business climate in the State.
The major being, the Information Technology (IT) Policy , which has been formulated with a view to develop the IT road map of the State and leverage the benefits of IT for its people. The objectives of the policy are to:-
- Position the State as an attractive location for development and growth of IT industry and related services;
- Create and continuously upgrade the IT infrastructure in the State, through joint efforts of Government and private sector;
- Develop human resource base for the IT industry through proper education and training;
- Encourage IT driven electronic commerce;
- Encourage electronic governance for:- (i) bringing transparency in Government operations and Government-public interface; (ii) improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Government's service delivery systems; (iii) improving efficiency of administration; (iv) disseminating the required information; and (v) improving financial management.
Besides, a tourism policy has also been framed in order to promote the tourism sector, as a means for ensuring sustainable economic development of the State, while preserving its cultural heritage. The objectives of the policy are to:-
- Increase employment opportunities, especially in rural areas;
- Utilise optimally the rich resources of the State to attract maximum number of tourists;
- Involve private sector in the development of tourism;
- Preserve rich natural habitat and bio-diversity together with the architectural and historical monuments;
- Develop a ready market for the rich and varied handicrafts and cottage industries of Rajasthan;
- Promote inter cultural understanding through religious/ pilgrim tourism and fairs and festivals;
- Make tourism a people's industry in the State;
- Open new vistas in tourism like adventure tourism, eco-tourism, camel/horse safaris, river and canal cruise, educational Tourism, caravan tourism and village tourism.
Also, there has been an Industrial Policy of Rajasthan, which aims to make it the most preferred investment destination particularly in the identified sectors and thus achieve global competitiveness. The policy lays emphasis on accelerating the overall pace of industrial growth, improving productivity, and strengthening the small scale, tiny and cottage industry sector in the State.