If objective and quantifiable data does not exist with regard to the valuation factors, if the valuation conditions are not fulfilled, or if customs authorities have doubts concerning the truth or accuracy of the declared value in terms of the Customs Valuation Rules, the valuation has to be carried out by another method in the following hierarchical order:-
- Comparative Value Method - Comparison with Transaction Value of Identical goods.
- Comparative Value Method - Comparison with Transaction Value of Similar goods.
- Deductive Value Method - Based on sale price in the importing country.
- Computed Value Method - Based on cost of materials, fabrication and profit in the country of production.
- Fallback Method - Based on previous methods with greater flexibility.